Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA cluster with IPS

Jordi Benet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am planning to cluster 4 ASA firewalls between 2 DCs.

I would like to know if the ASA IPS appliance will also be clustered with the 4 ASAs or I will need to buy the ASA IPS hardware module?

In case I will need to buy the ASA IPS hardware module it will run as unique module or it could also be clustered?

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Documentation states that IPS is handled individually per unit. So each unit will have it's own IPS and protects the traffic it sees. Without a config-replication available for IPS, you should plan to use an enterprise Management-system like CSM to make sure all units have the same config.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

The Documentation states that IPS is handled individually per unit. So each unit will have it's own IPS and protects the traffic it sees. Without a config-replication available for IPS, you should plan to use an enterprise Management-system like CSM to make sure all units have the same config.

Thanks Karsten for the clarification. Now it is clear for me.

Regards,

J

Hi Karsten,

sorry to make you another question, but I want to be sure I don't have another option.

For the IPS I will be forced to use an IPS hardware module at slot 1 of the ASA Firewall or I will be available to use the IPS software version inside the ASA?

Thanks.

Regards,

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: