cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5515X-IPS management 0/0 to LAN

rdsalmans
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently setup two ASA5515X in A/S each with IDS. When I had them in the lab I was able to access the IPS's via IME but now that it's at the datacenter it's not working (of course). I've got the IPS configured with an IP on our LAN and the ASA's Management0/0 interface configured as:

interface Management0/0

no nameif

security-level 100

no ip address

management-only

The Management0/0 interface is plugged into a switchport on our LAN VLAN. From the ASA it's seeing the IPS as Up and I've verified the IPS network settings. Any ideas? Did I forget something? TIA!

15 Replies 15

It's fixed. It was a problem with the Management interface plugged into the wrong switchport. Verified by shutting down the switchport and checking the Management 0/0 interface and found that when the switchport was shutdown, the Management0/0 port did not show down/down. Finally figured out where the person had plugged the cable in and moved the VLAN's around and it's up now. Thanks for your assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card