cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5585-X firepower licenses

sshahul12
Level 1
Level 1

What type of licenses we are going to needs in order to upgrade ASA5585-X firepower signatures?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are four license types associated with the FirePOWER module on an ASA (whether it's a 5585-X or any other 5500-X series model).

1. Control - required zero cost license. Lets you use AVC and IPS policies.

2. IPS - this is techically a term subscription and not a license but it is the piece that entitles you to download new updates. (VDB, Rule updates and Geolocation).

3. URL Filtering - if you want to filter or report on URLs or URL categories.

4. Malware - for file-based (Advance Malware Protection - AMP) service.

Additionally you need to manage the FirePOWER either via ASDM (generally not recommended - limited functionality, no historical data, very limited reporting) or FirePOWER Management Center (FMC). FMC is the recommended choice and it runs on its own separate server (VM or hardware appliance)

Hi,

Hardware is ASA5585-S10F10-K9 , and these licenses are already activated on the device:

ASA5585-BOT-1YR

FS-VMW-2-SW-K9

L-ASA5585-10-TAM3Y

my question is this: for access to Cisco download section and downloading AMP service and software as well as IPS signature updates what type of Contract service I have to order to be eligible for downloading updates? I thought by activating L-ASA5585-10-TAM3Y license on the box I have everything for updating device to the latest software updates but when I tried to download one of the file, web site denied me and said I need to have a valid contract attached to my CCO profile for ability of download

what is that contract part number?

thank you.

Having the license and having your cisco.com ID authorized to download are two separate actions in the Cisco ordering and fulfillment systems.

Normally your reseller should associate your cisco.com ID to your subscriptions and purchased licenses as part of fulfilling your order. You can request they do so or, if you would prefer, you can open a TAC case and provide the sales order number (usually on your invoice) and they can associate it for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: