Views
Helpful
Replies

Can´t enable "rdep-event-server" service

fredyvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all;

I recently have been configuring Cisco devices to be monitored on RSA EnVision 4.0 Service Pack 3.

When i tried to add an IPS 7.0 (Cisco Intrusion Prevention System, Version 7.0(2)E4) i have this output.

This are the commands to enable it.

configure terminal

service web-server

configurable-service rdep-event-server

enabled true

but, when i enter

configure terminal

service web-server

configurable-service rdep-event-server

Error: Cannot create a new configurable-service entry. Available entry(s):

So, what I need to do to enable it.

Regards;

In other discussions I have read that this service was deprecated but the check box of "Enable RDEP Event Server Subscribtions" is not found in the Configuration--->Network place.

I attached an image of this.

1 Reply 1

Dustin Ralich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RDEP was deprecated back in IPS 6.1 (circa April 2008). It was removed in IPS 7.0 ("We deprecated the RDEP event server service in IPS 6.1 and we removed it in IPS 7.0(1). We added the SDEE event server service to IPS 5.0 as a replacement for the RDEP event server service. We supported both the SDEE event server and RDEP event server through IPS 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, and 6.1 to allow time for monitoring tools to transition to using the SDEE event server for retrieval of events. With IPS 7.0(1), monitoring tools must use the SDEE event server service for the retrieval of events.") per:

IPS 7.0(1) Release Notes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: