cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA-SSM (Trend) not updating

johnaceti
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has two separate CSC cards for AV with Trend. Neither has received an update since Feb 14th but the subscription shows active with several hundred days remaining. The last time we saw this there was an issue with Trend Micros's Servers.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

AntiVirusPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to verify security information. The local trusted info database is corrupted. Please contact Trend Micro technical support.. The error code is 62.

6 Replies 6

Thulasi Shankar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is a known issue caused with the change in certificate at Trend Micro used to sign pattern files. Please find the documentation below :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-40231

This issue is addressed by CSC Module patch 1140 for version 6.6.1125.0 of the CSC Module code.

Hope that answers your query.

Thulasi Shankar

I had to open a case, got the patch and installed it. Here is a copy of the email I received back from my customer.

"Card has crashed... services are stopping.  I have tried restarting but that didn't work.  Can no longer log into the gui.

Compact Flash storage is nearly out of space on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance.

RegServer has recently stopped on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance

MAIL scan service has recently stopped on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance.

I can log into the session via commnad line, and it says the services are running."

So we are still waiting for a call from Cisco TAC. It has been almost 24 hours now, fortunately my customer is not down.

Cisco TAC called me, told me specifically DO NOT USE CSC MODULE PATCH 1140

That patch will disable the card altogether and cause memory issues with it which is what happened to one of my customers.

He stated it has been reported to the developer team and to hold off for another another patch.

Does anyone else have any further updates?

Unfortunately I had already installed patch 1140 which initially seemed to have worked. But then I started getting failed downloads again. I was instructed to download and install patch 1144 and this patch disabled the module. I am currently waiting on a response from Cisco on how to fix.

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

The error code 62 is indicating a certificate validation has failed.

For this issue, you need to upgrade to patch 1140. that you have already done. I hope it should work now.

johnaceti
Level 1
Level 1

Okay Trend and Cisco came up with a new update it is patch 1144. We installed this on two units and both were successful.

Again, DO NOT USE Patch 1140, it will cause memory problems and shut down services.

Can someone from Cisco please post the link so others do not have to open a TAC case?

Special thanks to Christian G. Hernandez R, in the Cisco TAC team at RTP in helping us get three of our customer issues resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card