cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 7010 - what type of power cable?

pascoej
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Firepower 7010 with no power lead. What type of power cable do I need to search for online?

I searched the data sheets on cisco.com, but the power cord stipulated is not correct (IEC C13/14). I have attached a picture of the interface I require a power cable for. 

Grateful for any help! Thanks.IMG_9748.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's a part called "FP-PWR-BRICK=". The C13/C14 goes from the mains supply to the "brick" itself which has the built-in AC-DC converter.

They are still sold by Cisco. List price is US$300. You may find them from 3rd party resellers as well.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's a part called "FP-PWR-BRICK=". The C13/C14 goes from the mains supply to the "brick" itself which has the built-in AC-DC converter.

They are still sold by Cisco. List price is US$300. You may find them from 3rd party resellers as well.

Many thanks Marvin, that's very helpful!

Hi Marvin. I too have this problem, no power supply. I do have a plug that fits the power socket in my Firepower 7030 but is the wrong voltage. Would you happen to know what the pinout is for the FP-PWR-BRICK= is as I would be able to adapt another 12V power supply to suit.

Sorry but I don't have the pinout information. As far as I can tell it's not published in any Cisco specification.

Hi Marvin, Thanks anyway, I didn't think it would have been published. What I did though was put my multimeter between the black wire pins on the feed to the HDD and pinned out the connector. I found that the bottom two pins were directly connected and that the top two pins weren't. The top two are then the +12vdc feed. I hooked it up to my bench power supply, gave it 12vdc and it worked. Saved myself $250+.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing your solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: