cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 7010 - what type of power cable?

pascoej
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Firepower 7010 with no power lead. What type of power cable do I need to search for online?

I searched the data sheets on cisco.com, but the power cord stipulated is not correct (IEC C13/14). I have attached a picture of the interface I require a power cable for. 

Grateful for any help! Thanks.IMG_9748.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's a part called "FP-PWR-BRICK=". The C13/C14 goes from the mains supply to the "brick" itself which has the built-in AC-DC converter.

They are still sold by Cisco. List price is US$300. You may find them from 3rd party resellers as well.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's a part called "FP-PWR-BRICK=". The C13/C14 goes from the mains supply to the "brick" itself which has the built-in AC-DC converter.

They are still sold by Cisco. List price is US$300. You may find them from 3rd party resellers as well.

Many thanks Marvin, that's very helpful!

Hi Marvin. I too have this problem, no power supply. I do have a plug that fits the power socket in my Firepower 7030 but is the wrong voltage. Would you happen to know what the pinout is for the FP-PWR-BRICK= is as I would be able to adapt another 12V power supply to suit.

Sorry but I don't have the pinout information. As far as I can tell it's not published in any Cisco specification.

Hi Marvin, Thanks anyway, I didn't think it would have been published. What I did though was put my multimeter between the black wire pins on the feed to the HDD and pinned out the connector. I found that the bottom two pins were directly connected and that the top two pins weren't. The top two are then the +12vdc feed. I hooked it up to my bench power supply, gave it 12vdc and it worked. Saved myself $250+.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing your solution.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card