cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePower Management Center 6.0 - How do I add Sensor Licenses.

Martin Houde
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends,

I bought licenses for 4 sensors " L-ASA5525-TA= "  and they didn't come with any PAK file to add onto the FMC.  I contacted licensing department and they tell me there are no PAK files for this product, since it's a Supplemental End User License Agreement (SEULA).  I'm confused, how do I get the licenses installed and working?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The TA license type is IPS only. TAC is correct that it doesn't include a distinct license. Rather it is a subscription entitlement to IPS updates (Snort Rule Updates and Vulnerability Database - SRU and VDB) via Cisco's Talos cloud service. As the entitlement itself is not currently enforced via technical means, there's no distinct license associated.

The base ASA FirePOWER module should have included the no cost Control license. If you redeem that using the FMC license key, it will show as "Protect + Control" and allow you to build Intrusion Protection and associated policies.

The TA license entitles you (by virtue of having pruchased it and accepted the Supplemental EULA) to get on-demand or scheduled SRU and VDB updates to make those polices use the latest available threat information.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The TA license type is IPS only. TAC is correct that it doesn't include a distinct license. Rather it is a subscription entitlement to IPS updates (Snort Rule Updates and Vulnerability Database - SRU and VDB) via Cisco's Talos cloud service. As the entitlement itself is not currently enforced via technical means, there's no distinct license associated.

The base ASA FirePOWER module should have included the no cost Control license. If you redeem that using the FMC license key, it will show as "Protect + Control" and allow you to build Intrusion Protection and associated policies.

The TA license entitles you (by virtue of having pruchased it and accepted the Supplemental EULA) to get on-demand or scheduled SRU and VDB updates to make those polices use the latest available threat information.

Thank you very much for your response Marvin, you're right!

I escalated to licensing team and they kindly generated Protect and Control licenses for me.  They unfortunately were never generated as part of the order from our distributor.

For all the license queries and generating the licenses , you need to contact Cisco Global Licensing Center.

Here is an addendum to what happened:

Since we migrated from a ASA CX module implementation, we never had to order the SSD.

When ordering the SSD, the quote configurator will generate a 0$ line item that is for the protect and control base licenses.

That is why i didn't have that license and had to ask Licensing team to generate one.

Hope this helps,

Martin

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the details.

I hope licensing team has provided the assistance on this issue.

Just FYI , Protect + Cntrl license is must to handle the device functionality . Device can be registered without licenses  . But to make use of the device functionality , you need the minimum required license.

Regards

Jetsy

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card