cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower sensor unresponsive after upgrade

Colin Higgins
Level 2
Level 2

I have a firepower sensor in a ASA 5585X that I upgraded from 6.2.3 to 6.2.3.2 from my FMC 1500

Upon completion, I got a message saying the data plane interfaces were not receiving traffic. I SSH'd into the sensor and saw that this was indeed the case --both interfaces were not receiving traffic.

This sensor has been up for a while, and nothing changed with my SFR policy on the firewall

If I do a "show module 1" from the firewall, it shows the sensor as unresponsive

I tried a reboot of the sensor of the sensor, but it didn't fix the issue

has anyone seen this?

(P.S. I've had a terrible time with this product in general, especially with upgrades. I've lost many sensors, suffered DB corruption, catastrophic bugs, and general instability)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have had good success so far in the 6.2.3.2 upgrades, have not seen this or any other issue during the upgrade process. I would suggest opening a tac case if you haven't already.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have had good success so far in the 6.2.3.2 upgrades, have not seen this or any other issue during the upgrade process. I would suggest opening a tac case if you haven't already.

I discovered that you have to be at 9.9.x code for the sensor to operate with 6.2.3.2 code

My firewall was still at 9.6.3

Once I upgraded the ASA, it came right back up.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card