cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower version via cli

Danny Mainprize
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to collect the current running version of firepower without using FMC? SSH, snmp, python, etc...

I have dozens of different sites in multiple states that have firepower modules in their Cisco ASAs.  I would like to create a dashboard that checks each one maybe once a month and displays their running version (6.2.3.5) and even better if it can include the vuln and fingerprint version as well (304).  

I have tried applications like spiceworks, but nothing seems to really be able to get that information from outside of the management center

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

SSH onto the device and issue the command sh module ...the lines beginning 'sfr' will give you the info you're after. A python script with a bit of regex could scrape this info easily.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

SSH onto the device and issue the command sh module ...the lines beginning 'sfr' will give you the info you're after. A python script with a bit of regex could scrape this info easily.

cheers,

Seb.

That gets me the network sensor version, thank you for that.  I was also hoping to get the other versions of software, but hopefully I can base everything from the sensor.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card