cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has anyone run into this Smartnet Licensing problem?

Pat Fahey
Level 1
Level 1

ASA5506x, Smartnet annual license renewal.  Cisco 'Brand Protection Group' cancels the license.

I purchased the same Smartnet annual license this year from CDW that I purchased (and worked fine) last year.  About a month later Cisco downloads started saying I needed additional entitlement.  Called Cisco and leaned they canceled it.

After about a week of back and forth, it turns out that CDW sent the license authorization in a form that Cisco didn't expect. CDW sent a 7-digit alphanumeric code, and Cisco says they need an eight digit numeric-only code. 

Cisco says there is nothing they can do, and CDW says that's the only number they have.

Yesterday I get an email from Cisco License Support:

"Just to summarize what has been done in the case, you have requested to cover Serial Number: JMX2032Yxxx under CDW contract.
However, I checked your information today and your access level currently does not meet the criteria for me to continue with the progress of the case.
In order to resolve this situation please send an email to this team:

web-help@cisco.com. "

So it looks like Cisco will do nothing and CDW can't do anything to resolve the business process problem that exists between Cisco and CDW.

Has anyone ever run into a problem like this,and hopefully found a way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Pat Fahey
Level 1
Level 1

6-22 Update.

After nearly a month of Cisco and CDW still unable to determine why they can't work together, CDW cancelled the license and sent Cisco a new one.  We'll see if this goes any better then the last try.

Two security patches behind now.

6-28 Update:

CDW gave up and cancelled the SNT License and created a new one.  This new one got to Cisco and Cisco sent me an email thanking me for purchasing the support agreement.  Then, for some unknown reason, Cisco changed the status of the new license to 'Terminated'.

I spoke with Cisco again and they suggested that CDW "update" the license order, although they could not explain what they meant by that.

CDW is once again trying to figure out why Cisco is having so many problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: