cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM-2 sensing ports errorDisabled

fields.james
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I have a number of IDSM-2 cards I've recently upgraded from 4.x code to 5.1.1 IPS code. Since the upgrade, I am having frequent issues with the sensing interfaces (gigabitEthernet0/7 and 0/8) going errorDisabled. Of course I am not able to do a "set port enable" on those, so a reset of the card is required to get it going again. I've noticed if I don't span any traffic to the ports, they stay up (and stay useless as well). This is happening in 4 cards, all in CAT6500 switches. Are there any suggestions you can offer? Thanks!

7 Replies 7

mm7482
Level 1
Level 1

James, Not that this will make you feel any better but this is the exact problem I'm running into at a customer site. Coincidently, they had just upgraded to 5.1.1 code also. Of course the port counters on the Cat6500 stay clean- they errdisable with a reason of "other". The Cat6500 is running CatOS 8.4.

Has anyone else run into this and know of the cause?

You help is appreciated.

I am also seeing the problem on my IDSM running 5.1(1). Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I am unable to span any traffic to the sensing port without the port going "errdisabled" within minutes.

syip
Level 1
Level 1

I am testing IPS 5.x and have the same problem with a IDSM-2 after upgraded to 5.1.1. The IDSM-2 is in a cat6509 running catOS 7.6(3).

syip
Level 1
Level 1

I downgraded the signature back to 219 and applied patch 5.1.(1p1) which fixed the problem.

Link to download required patch:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ids-patches

I applied patch 5.1(1p1) over 5.1(1)S229.0 and this fixed the problem for me as well.

pete.gill
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the exact same issue with the IDSM-2; however, I am running 6.0(3)E1 which is the latest version and see no patches. Anyone else run into this? I have a TAC case open and am thinking about downgrading to 5.x.

Hi Pete!

Would you please send an update about the result of your case? I have just stucked in to the same problem. It would be nice to have a quick solution... ;-)

thanks,

Aa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card