Views
Helpful
Replies

IME v7.2.4.50 fails to manage ASA5515-IPS v7.2(1)E4

Hugo Caye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

IME v7.2.4.50 working fine with some ASA-SSM-10 and -20 v7.1(8)E4.

Just added two ASA5515-IPS v7.2(1)E4, and when I try to configure anyone of them, this is issued:

"Sensor version 7.2(1)E4 is not supported by the integrated Configuration feature of this application.

The integrated Configuration feature is available only from sensors running software version 6.1(1) and later.

However, you can configure this sensor using the IPS Device Manager (IDM). To do this direct you browser to https://w.x.y.z."

I installed IME v7.2.4 (no-.50) in another Windows and it works.

Is there some adjustment to be done in IME v7.2.4.50 to be able to manage ASA5515-IPS v7.2(1)E4?

I found nothing in the release notes about that.

Thanks,

Hugo

Fig01-IME.gif

Fig02-IME.gif

8 Replies 8

Rob Pettigrew
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck with this Hugo?  I am having the exact same issue with IME 7.2.4.50 and my 7.2.1 5515-X boxes.

Rob

Hugo Caye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

No, unfortunately I still have the problem, no one answered to this thread.

I tried to uninstall IME v7.2.4.50, restart, installed IME v7.2.4, reboot, same problem.

I did not try to remove Cisco registry entries and/or folders/files that IME creates, maybe someone has a more elegant advice.

Regards,

Hugo

Mine was a fresh install of 7.2.4.50.  I will have to open a case with TAC to troubleshoot.  Will update you when i have more info.

OK, please let us know what they tell you.

It looks like a bug that they know about internally.  They will be making the notes publicly available soon.  See email correspondence below:

This is due to a known issue - CSCul06870. The Workaround for this is to install IME version 7.2.4 instead (for managing/monitoring IPS 7.2(1)E4 devices).

I am going to update the defect's Release Note to make it externally-visible, after which it will be screened/approved and eventually (generally takes a few business days) visible here:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul06870

OK, thanks.

Hugo

This has been resolved.  They reposted the executable on October 31st but did not increment the version number.  I installed over my existing 7.2.4.50 version, rebooted, and verified that I was able to configure both of my IPS modules.

"I discussed this with the IME Development team and they informed me that they re-posted a fixed version of IME to cisco.com. Unfortunately, they decided not to increment the version number, so the fixed version is also 7.2.4.50."

Rob,

I downloaded the new file and installed it over the already installed IME.

It worked fine without rebooting.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Hugo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card