cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Increasing from 2 devices managed ASA's in FireSight to 3? Do I have to re-install?

We've been managing 2 Cisco ASA based FirePower modules with the 2 device VM ordered with part number FS-VMW-2-SW-K9.   It's being suggested that I have to throw that away and order the FS-VMW-10-SW-K9 (manages up to 10 devices) because we need to manage 1 more, additonal ASA/FirePower (total of 3 now).

1) I'd like to have somebody confirm that I DO, in fact, have to throw away my first purchase of the VM that can manage 2.

2) More importantly, if I do buy this FS-VMW-10-SW-K9, surely I don't have to re-install right?   I'm succesfully managing 2 systems, everything works, policies are right, logging is working, etc. 

Thanks for the help!

2 Replies 2

1) Yes, there is no upgrade from 2 to 10 managed devices.

2) I had the same situation some time ago. Although, I got no confirmation that it is supported, I just entered the 10 devices license to my MC and everything worked fine with three Firepower modules.

Hello Team,

Usually the FS-VMW-2-SW-K9 supports and provides the license for managing only 2 devices. If you need to manage more than that , you need more licenses also. For each module you need separate protection , control and url license .Protection and Control is the least minimum required. Url is only required if you need url filtering. For each module separate license required. 

If you are getting more license, you just need to add it to the Firesight Management Center , you dont have to reinstall the FMC.

Rate if the answer helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: