Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Error: setEnableAuthenticationTokenStatus

san.atnur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks, I am facing an error when i try to create a account in IPS,, i.e

Error: setEnableAuthenticationTokenStatus : Failure setting the account's password: it is based upon your password entry

Error: setEnableAuthenticationTokenStatus : Failure setting the account's password: is too simple

So please i need your help in changing the password policy to set my password. Is there any policy so that we can alter other then service authentication, since i have already altered it and tried, But i still got this errors, is there any way to change the password policy in IPS ??

Regards,

Santosh Atnur

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Santosh,

The Error messages you see are expected due to the password choice and the  behavior cannot be altered.

1.  John123

Did you try this by changing the size range value ( minimum default is 8 ) ? If you change it to 6/7, then you would see the following error "Error: setEnableAuthenticationTokenStatus : Failure setting the account's password: it is based on a dictionary word".

2. While setting Cisco123 - I beleive you see the following message because of another account with same password.

Error: setEnableAuthenticationTokenStatus : Failure setting the account's password: it is based upon your password entry

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gaurash2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Login to CLI , then :

conf t > service authentication > password-strength

You can set your password policy.

From GUI:

Configuration> Sensor Management > Password.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reply Gaurav Sharma, as i mentioned i tried that but i couldnt resolve it, is there any other method to change the password policy in IPS, i wan to set one account with password that is slightly similar to login password and one account with simple password, then i get this error .  I altered everything by the method u said but didnt work for me.

Regards,

Santosh Atnur

Hi Santosh,

You see the errors even though both the passwords are as per the policy you applied ?

Is it possible for you to share the configuration ? steps ? tec.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Hi Gaurav, M just trying to create a user account with name John with password as John123 & a user account with name Larry with password Cisco123. Can u please let me know the setting i need to alter in service authentication to achieve the above ?? Whenever i try to create these usernames i get the above errors..

Regards,

Santosh Atnur

Hi Santosh,

The Error messages you see are expected due to the password choice and the  behavior cannot be altered.

1.  John123

Did you try this by changing the size range value ( minimum default is 8 ) ? If you change it to 6/7, then you would see the following error "Error: setEnableAuthenticationTokenStatus : Failure setting the account's password: it is based on a dictionary word".

2. While setting Cisco123 - I beleive you see the following message because of another account with same password.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: