Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS interface configuration

Sec_guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have the following topology and I wonder if i can configure L1 with L2 as inline interface pair and L1 with L3 again as a different pair..

Can I do that ? how ? 

because I only have 3 interfaces and want to configure as shown in topology

Note : IPS is Firepower 7125 appliance 

9 Replies 9

Claudiu Cismaru
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't place them in inline mode, the way you want. But you can create a virtual switch.

How to create a virtual switch ? can u help with the config.

I actually have more than L2 and L3, and only one Link going to the internal Firewall/Router, so I need a simple way to get it work like this

Thank you

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v60/Setting_Up_Virtual_Switches.html

Check the docs. Also, you can use the contextual documentation on the FMC directly.

Or, you can download the PDF documentation.

Thank you,

But can I do this using Cisco IDM ? because I could not find these options?

Are you managing a Firepower 7125 from IDM? Is it possible? Or are you talking about FMC?

Actually I am trying it on GNS for the moment, but in the real world I have Firepower 7125, Is it possible to manage it with IDM? I don`t have FMC, Does it require License ?

A FP 7125 can't be on box managed. Nor through IDM. You have to use an FMC to manage it.

FMC 6.1 is free and the base licenses (protect and control) for FP 7125 comes automatically when you buy it.

Any updates ?!

I have already provided them to you. See my yesterday's message.

If you didn't get an email, it seems that by default this system no longer shows the comments. It seems to be a problem with it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card