cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Manager Express 7.0.1 cannot add device

kre9900
Level 1
Level 1

When I trie to add an IPS device (ASA-SSM-10 version 7.0(1)E3) into my devicelist within IME 7.0.1 i'm getting the following error:

Error response from IME server: - IOException: Read timed out. IME IME server

is not ressponding. Please check if it is running

On my system where i've IME installed the services "Cisco IPS Manager Express" and "MySQL-IME" are running.

What can be the problem, username and password are correct

5 Replies 5

novacom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had a problem very similar to yours, when upgrading to IME 7.0.1 the default setting for Java had changed. What we did was go into control panel then enter the Java control panel, in network settings use direct connection, this sorted our issue not sure if it will help you but worth a try. We are running Java 1.6 version 7.

Steve

Hi,

I've tried that (als running Java 1.6 version 7) but that doesn't help, I've deinstalled IME 7.0.1 and installed IME 6.2.1 and now I can add the devices.

Very weird but thanks for your reply.

René

zvadim
Level 1
Level 1

same exact problem with same versions.

direct connection under browser settings did not help.

never mind -- all is well after a reboot, duh

Same exact problem and versions... I changed the java option to direct connect and reloaded, problem solved!

Thanks!

ConfederacionHJ
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here. We uninstall Java and IME, install lastest version of Sun Jave and then, re-install IME and worked fine!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card