cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDM-2 configuration questions

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

My client has an ISDM-2 blade in their 6504 chassis.  They want to scan the following traffic:

Internet traffic to server network

Student traffic to server network

Internet traffic to student networks

The current configuration uses VACL's to send the traffic to the IPS, but when I look at the IPS with the GUI, it says that port g0/7.0 is a promiscuous interface.  From what I read (this is my first go around with this blade), that when you are using VACL's, the IPS is in promiscous mode.  If that is the case, I would think I need to configure the 6504 to use inline mode.

Here is my situation/question.  The traffic fo the student network is on multiple vlans.  I see that I can configure a range on the following command:

intrustion-detection module 4 data-port 2 access-vlan (vlan-range)

However, the student vlans are not in a continuous range (i.e. 20-30), they are broken up.  So what I am wondering is if I can have multiple of the above command (like below)

intrustion-detection module 4 data-port 2 access-vlan 1-11

intrustion-detection module 4 data-port 2 access-vlan 20-22

intrustion-detection module 4 data-port 2 access-vlan 24

intrustion-detection module 4 data-port 2 access-vlan 28

Let me know if this makes sense and if you have more questions.

TIA.

Dan

1 Reply 1

jocamare
Level 4
Level 4

Here is how you configure the blade to work in inline mode:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/7.0/configuration/guide/cli/cli_idsm2.html#wp1187460

And answering your second question, i can tell you that you can do what you are suggesting

intrustion-detection module 4 data-port 2 access-vlan 1-11

intrustion-detection module 4 data-port 2 access-vlan 20-22

intrustion-detection module 4 data-port 2 access-vlan 24

intrustion-detection module 4 data-port 2 access-vlan 28

On routers, but i'm 90% sure you can do the same on the module.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card