cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about ASA 5520 licensing

jarhead354
Level 1
Level 1

This may be more of a sales issue but I need an answer. We were looking at the ASA 5520 with a CSC-SSM module. We have over 5000 users and wanted to license the Anti-X services accordingly. However, we were told that the 5520 has a maximum license limit of 1000 users. Is this correct? If so, how can this be considered an "Enterprise" device?

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where are you seeing this is an "enterprise" device? All marketing I've seen for this says it's a SMB (small/medium business) device. You've been told correctly that the max users on the module is 1000 users, no way around it.

Keep in mind also the max throughput on the module would be around 100Mbps, and if it can't keep up with the traffic sent to it from the ASA then it will drop that traffic, so you'd want to be very careful even with 1000 users, let alone 5000.

You ask, "Where are you seeing this is an "enterprise" device?"

I'm seeing it in a Cisco article titled "Cisco ASA 5500 Series Anti-X Edition for the Enterprise Solution Overview".

Which does contain the word "Enterprise" unless I'm seeing things!

The article can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_brochure0900aecd80402e88.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: