cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Starting to be a JOKE!!

jim
Level 1
Level 1

When is Cisco going to add IPS 6.X support to MARS. For the last four months all I have heard is NEXT PATCH. This is starting to become a joke!

Come on Cisco... Get on the stick man!

17 Replies 17

Dude,

No offenses meant, however I'm sure if you have had an experience of some other vendor (read Juniper and Nokia/Checkpoint), I can vouch on the fact, that even if you were going to sue them, they would be least bothered about your cries.. (read, truely horrible support system and post sales support).

I have been using Cisco products for nears half of decade now, and ofcourse its never been in a perfect world but believe me the support / post sales support is much better than the others.

Now, coming to the point of MARS integration issue, I shall say that you shouldn't be like thos college going kids whose hair-style changes every season i.e. you should have probably waited till the time MARS had been launched with IPS 6. support!!

Not nice to chastise others without knowing the story behind the action.

Nobody said we expect a perfect world but a company such as Cisco should at least offer a reasonable security management platform but what we've been given is anything but that. The best we can do is to go to some third-party product to fill this void and personally, I would much prefer to stay with a single vendor in that area. Cisco makes it really tough to go that route though.

And I totally agree with the smack against MARS and CSM. Why should it take months for IPS v6 support to be integrated into these management products? You would almost think that the MARS and CSM teams knew NOTHING about v6 until it was released to the public. I can understand a couple of weeks difference but not several months. I believe v6 came out last September (I think I first played with it then) so if that's accurate, that makes around 8 months and counting.

I find that rather discouraging...

Rik

malvo
Level 1
Level 1

Ryzen Master may reduce Ryzen 9 3900X to 6 cores, 12 threads, possibly due to Precision Boost Overdrive or auto OC settings. Adjust these in Ryzen Master or check for issues. Follow recommended practices for stability

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card