cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Unable to Upgrade ASA-SSM-20

Hi Guys,

am trying to upgrade my ASA-SSM-20 IPS.

current version: IPS-K9-6.0-6-E3

but after browsing the file & clicking on upgrade button, i got this message window:

"cannot upgrade software on the sensor"

"NULL"

I used the following files after downloading them from cisco:

IPS-K9-6.1-3-E3.pkg

IPS-K9-6.2-2-E3.pkg

non of them worked & each time i try to upgrade i got same message.

any idea? what could be the problem?

thanks

Rami

4 REPLIES 4
Beginner

Re: Unable to Upgrade ASA-SSM-20

I similar issues and I had to reboot the sensor and then I could to the upgrade.

Dan

Hi.

too busy sensor send this message, when i try to upgrade as well, send me the same message, then i try to check this again, reload all asa, and then load the asa again.

then send me the same message.

try to upgrade with no users in line.

greetings.

Beginner

Is your license current? I ran into this issue a few days back, then discovered that my license was out of date. I updated my license and then the updates applied successfully. Running "sh ver" from the session 1 command prompt will tell you, or you can look on the Intrusion Prevention tab under Home in the ASDM.

Rich

Highlighted
Beginner

I'd recommend trying it via the CLI -- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/ips/6.2/configuration/guide/cli/cli_system_images.html#wp1088688

If that doesn't work, as a last resort you could backup your config & re-image the sensor with the new code. Then copy/paste your config back on - just make sure you paste it section by section. I've had to do this with stingy sensors in the past as well...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/ips/6.2/configuration/guide/cli/cli_system_images.html#wp1230355

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here