cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

็Restore firmware to IP Phone 7942

lavo14583
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ! everyone. I have to Hard Reset by 3491672850*#  After that It can't boot-up ,After plug a power the light is turn on just a second the light is turn off and that's Looping. Maybe Flash file has deleted. I need to restore flash file to the device.

How can I restore flash to device ? 

Thank you for your answer.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3491672850*#

That's a full flash wipe.  The phone must be connected to an injector and the process takes around 45 minutes.

Thank you very much, Leo Laohoo.

Now I can restore firmware into my phone.The phone can boot-up normally,

But Load file shown : *term42.default* Not show : SCCP42.9-4-2SR1-1S

I'm not sure that's correct procedure.

I don't understand. 

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish?

As pointed by Leo, what you have done is a full flash wipe and the phone will hard reset only to the default firmware. If you want to load SCCP42.9-4-2SR1-1S, you need to upgrade the firmware to this version.

Can you tell us what is the firmware currently showing up on the phone. if it is below 8.5(2), then you need to first upgrade to 8.5(2) and then to 9-4-2SR1-1 as per the below:

For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to Version 9.3(1) or later, you must first upgrade your phone firmware to an intermediate version (8.3(3) to 8.5(2)) and then upgrade to 9.3(1).

HTH

Rajan

What do you mean by "injector" ?? Please explain. I did the same sequence of reset codes he did and I have the phone directly connected to a laptop using tftp32 and the procedures everyone has written about on how to load the load with the laptop as DHCP server, option 150 server, tftp server, all of that. I have the correct phone load files and the .cnf config file as well and when I wire shark it, using 2 separate phones now mind you (one with his default code sequence and one with the regular 123456789*0# sequence, wire shark shows both of the phones sending packets/messages/term42 file requests to an IP address of 46.48.46.53. Where is a phone that has been completely ground zeroed coming up with that destination IP address? The tftp32/laptop deal is giving the phone an IP address of 10.0.0.5/24. I can see this as well as the MAC address of the phone in tftp32. I have NO CLUE why I cant fix these phones this way, everyone else can. Again, where is the phone getting that 46 ip address it sends destination packets to??? This is a single laptop with one NIC card by itself directly wired to the phone, no switch, no network, no nothing.