Views
Helpful
Replies

100 DLUs addition on CUCM version 8.5.1

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

This is the first time I am going to add 100 DLUs in CUCM version 8.5.1, and I have got .lic file to upload. I am seeking your help to know if there are any precautionary steps to be taken and any services to be restarted after upload.

Thank you in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just keep this file safe somewhere and upload it via the cucm admin page. No service restart is needed but sometimes i have seen callmanager service restart required due to some issues related to file upload. Just verify the lic count before and after the license upload and test by adding a new phone to see if license is allocated properly.

Manish

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing to worry about, if you have the file simply upload it as each license file is independent in version 8.5.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just keep this file safe somewhere and upload it via the cucm admin page. No service restart is needed but sometimes i have seen callmanager service restart required due to some issues related to file upload. Just verify the lic count before and after the license upload and test by adding a new phone to see if license is allocated properly.

Manish

Hi Manish/Chris,

Thank you so very much. 

I have added & tested licenses successfully.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing to worry about, if you have the file simply upload it as each license file is independent in version 8.5.