Views
Helpful
Replies

1way audio w IP communicator over SSL VPN Tunnel on ASA

Christopher Rac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team!

so when a customer initiates a VPN tunnel and tries to make a call from their IP communicator they get one-way audio.

I have heard of this issue before and I could not find the doc on the resolution.

I was hoping somebody knew of some configs I can verify that may be causing this issue.

I am thinking that the RTP stream is being lost some where?!

Please advise.

Thanks!!!!

2 Replies 2

Prashanthi Velpula
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi christopher,

++ Can you please provide the ASA configuration for SSL VPN ?

++ Can you enable debug skinny and logs at the debugging level for a complete call ( start to finish ) and attach the output ?

++ Please provide the IP address for below:

IP communicator

ASA inside and outside

IP phone

++ For the test call, can you please provide the show conn detailed output and let us know the inside and outside interface IP addresses ?

++ Please verify if you are using tunneled route: For eg:

route inside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x  tunneled

** The inspect skinny will still use the default route instead of tunelled route

** This could arise problems with RPF check failures and result in one-way audio: return path for RTP could be dropped

** Instead of tunneled routes, use static/dynamic routes

++ Also please verify if " ip verify reverse-path interface inside " is enabled ? If so, can you please remove this command and test to see if it resolves the issue.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks and Regards

Prashanthi Velpula

Hi,

I have been in the same situation a million time man... and there is only one solution to this... check your routing....

routing....

routing....

routing....

routing....

routing....

routing....

always came up with the same problem...

besides i'm curious as to which side can hear and which cannot. please do also provide sone detailed explainations of you network design.

Cheers!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: