cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 e1 port configuration?

nianqing212
Level 1
Level 1

I have cucm 8.6 and voice gateway 2911, the 2911 have 1 E1 card used to call the pstn, the cucm & 2911 use h.323 protocol

but now I will to add another E1 port with 300 telephone number,

I want the original telephone number use the first e1 port, and the newer telephone number use the second e1 port

what configuration that I need to do ?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I understood your view, buy it looks like you dont understand mine ..

Your route pattern does not change.. You will have a new route pattern in a different partition 0.! in a new Parttion...You will assign this route pattern to a new route list...

On the route list> go to the route group> on prefix called number add 200 to it..

Then assign the device of the phones for the phones to the a CSS that has access to this new pt..

when the users dial 0XXXXXXXX, cucm will add 200 before the call reahces the gateway..

when the call gets to the gateway it will come  as 0200XXXXXXXXX..

This will match the dial-peer you have configured as 0200T and then go to the e1 port you have configured

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi.

This post could help you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3896011#3896011

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are two ways you can do this...

1. Create a new Route List , add the existing h323 RG to the new RL...On the route group for this new RL add a prefix to the called number

2. On the gateway confugure a new dial-peer with the prefixed number eg

dial-peer voice 5 pots

destination-pattern 200T--------------------------------200 is the prefixed you have added on CUCM

port 0/1/1:15

3, create a new route pattern (make sure you also create a new Partittion for this route pattern), point the RP to the new RL

4. Configure the new numbers to have a seperate CSS that has access to the new partition....

The second method is to use dial-peers and answer-address on the gateway

Answer-address will m atch the calling number which you will configure to be your new numbers. You will then use a translation rule to prefix eg 200 to the called number....You will then configure a dial-peer as I did above to match the port for the new E1

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

nianqing212
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Thanks for your replies, that you means I will use a new prefix, e.g 200, but I think this will cause confusion to end user. Is there a method to use one prefix distinguish different caller to proper e1 line ?

thanks

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The end user will not know about the prefix. It is added by cucm.

If you don't want to use the prefix, then use answer-address on the dial-peer

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Aok.

Thanks for your reply

Maybe I did not express clear views

The original user dial out to the pstn use prefix 0 to the first e1 port, match the route pattern:  0.!

There will add a new e1 line,If I add another route pattern:  200.! ,the new telephone dial out to  the pstn will use prefix 200

I understood your view, buy it looks like you dont understand mine ..

Your route pattern does not change.. You will have a new route pattern in a different partition 0.! in a new Parttion...You will assign this route pattern to a new route list...

On the route list> go to the route group> on prefix called number add 200 to it..

Then assign the device of the phones for the phones to the a CSS that has access to this new pt..

when the users dial 0XXXXXXXX, cucm will add 200 before the call reahces the gateway..

when the call gets to the gateway it will come  as 0200XXXXXXXXX..

This will match the dial-peer you have configured as 0200T and then go to the e1 port you have configured

Hi Aok.

thanks for your reply

I think I get it

And then bind a translate rule to the dial peer to strip the 0200 before sent the called number to pstn

The prefix 200 is intended to bind the route pattern to that dial peer,and dial peer has configured e1 port

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct! That's exactly it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: