Views
Helpful
Replies

2 mailboxes for one extension-cisco unity

zarianaureen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using cosco unity version 7.0 that is integrated with our exchange server.

Is it possible to to add 2 mailboxes for one extension?.Like we want the user's voice message to go to their personal mailbox plus department mailbox.

Currently I add user from the exchange user list and then assign them the extension

I have already tried alternate extensions for single mailbox but in that case I could only setup one greeting for all extension

Any suggestions will be apprecuated.

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Zaria,

You cant create two mailboxes for a single extension..There is no way to do that. SInce you want to have two different greetings, you will have to use a second extension on the users phone and use that for the departmental mailbox

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

I couldnot find anything after researching either.

So now the other option would be to have one mailbox with alternate extensions but then I want different greeting for every extension.Is that possible?

I have added 3 extensions to one mailbox but it is using the same greeting as on primary extension

I may probably need steps or some helpful link to do that since I am not an expert.

Thanks for your helpful response though.