Views
Helpful
Replies

2 mailboxes for one extension-cisco unity

zarianaureen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using cosco unity version 7.0 that is integrated with our exchange server.

Is it possible to to add 2 mailboxes for one extension?.Like we want the user's voice message to go to their personal mailbox plus department mailbox.

Currently I add user from the exchange user list and then assign them the extension

I have already tried alternate extensions for single mailbox but in that case I could only setup one greeting for all extension

Any suggestions will be apprecuated.

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Zaria,

You cant create two mailboxes for a single extension..There is no way to do that. SInce you want to have two different greetings, you will have to use a second extension on the users phone and use that for the departmental mailbox

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

I couldnot find anything after researching either.

So now the other option would be to have one mailbox with alternate extensions but then I want different greeting for every extension.Is that possible?

I have added 3 extensions to one mailbox but it is using the same greeting as on primary extension

I may probably need steps or some helpful link to do that since I am not an expert.

Thanks for your helpful response though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: