cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 VIC-4FXS/DID CallManager with MGCP

kj7radio1
Level 1
Level 1

I am provisioning a 3800 series router with VIC-4FXS/DID and want to use MGCP to connect to CallManager. The Telco is two-wire ground start so my card will supply -48V DC for signalling and Telco will ground-start my line and Touch-Tone in last 4 digits of DID number. I have 25 DID on this circuit (actually it is a group of 6 DID Tip/Ring circuits).

Is MGCP supported for this and does anyone have configuration or am I forced to use H.323 and if so same question?

Thanks. kj7radio1

3 Replies 3

jbouwkamp
Level 3
Level 3

MGCP does not support the VIC-4FXS/DID when used in DID mode. You will need to set it up as H323 signaling.

the following doc for 2600/3600 routers works for the 2800/3800s as well. I have used it many times.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00800a05cd.html

Hmmm...wrong card though wrong router. Looked at the document and is referring to VIC-DID. I have VIC-4FXS/DID. Config might work but wondering if this newer card with proper IOS would in fact support MGCP with CallManager.

kj7radio1

Config for the VIC-4FXS/DID in DID mode is the same as VIC-DID. MGCP does not support analog DID with either card. H323 is required.