cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2801 BRI no external calls

scottwclarke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have been asked by my company to set up a phone system after 2 days of playing with it. Suprisingly most of it is working but I don't seem to be able to get any outgoing or incoming calls. I have got closer with debugging but now seem to have hit a wall I would really apreciate any help you can give.

The debug seems to suggest that the voice port needs to be added to the trunking group but if I try this I get a error to do with analog and digital ports not being allowed on this port, sorry I have to leave the system unplugged during work hours and stupidly did not note the exact error.

Again thank you in advance for helping me with this.

I have a 2801 with 2 8 channel dsps, and a 2 port isdn vic. incoming are 2 bt isdn2e's

Just logged on and I did take a copy of the error when I try to add the trunking group

Failed to add non-analog port to trunk group

29 Replies 29

Hi, XW1 is very buggy, please upgrade to XW5.

Beside, it claims there are 2 calls per BRI already ?

XW5 is not available for the 2801 yet not that have dialed through these are not conecting

You are right, you can either use XW2 or Xj4. The latter would be my suggestion as it is more stable.

Is your router exposed on the internet? If so watch out, someone can be callin on you via SIP.

show call active voice compact

Really sorry got kicked off site as the client wanted to go to the pub. Thanks for all the help so fae I will be in all night on Monday any help that can be given would be great.

I would also apppreciate if anyone could post a working BRI CME config so I could confirm my logic is correct. Anyway Thanks bevilacqua you have been a god and I owe you a case of fine whisky or similar if I ever get the chance to meet you.

Chat Monday

S

No worries, the pub is much better a place for a friday night.

You config is good, what is puzzling it was showing established calls when you said you made none.

Please upgrade IOS, I strongly suggest 12.4(11)XJ4 for this.

Then on monday you will have that working, count on it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Paolo,

Really helpful work here! I'll add my 5 point vote for you as well my friend :) Also, I must agree with the Pub suggestion. You have to get away from this stuff every now and then!

Take care Paolo!

Huff

Hi and good evening,

I am sory to be back but I have changed the IOS with no change. I am getting bad frame from the incoming q931 on any inward call. I have included an up to date config for good measure. I have reinstated the outbound translation rule as the client does want all outbound calls to appear from one number.

Also getting

*Feb 11 18:26:11.291: //-1/9FD751368024/RXRULE/sed_subst: Successful substitution; pattern=0200207729663641254 matchPattern=7.. replacePattern=02077296636 replaced pattern=020020020772966369663641254

When trying to call out have removed the translation rule from the dial peer and voice port with no effect. Really annoying.

Hi, not sure who suggested you to configure it network side but that is the culprint! Please configure:

int bri ...

isdn protocol-emulate user

isdn layer1-emulate user

then you may or may not need the tei 0.

Fabulous incoming calls now working but I still can't call out.

So near.....

Thank you so much for the help so far if anyone can get me over the final jump it would be great.

Whoops had made a easy mistake thanks you so much for all your help. If we ever meet I really will buy you a case of your tipple of choice.

Back to square one, remove the translation-profile from the dial-peers. In fact for your setup one dial-peer in eanough.

I was translating called rather than calling outgoing! Stupid mistake but easily rectified.

Thank you for all your help you are a phone god.

One final question then I promise I will give you some peace. Is there any way you can access the local firectory with one touch in the idle state? Either via softkeys or any other methods?

Searched on google with no luck.

Using a COMBINATION OF 7940'S AND 60'S

Try:

url services http:///localdirectory

and it will recalled by the services button (globe)

Thanks that is perfect

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: