cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 extracting CME Basic 4.3.0.0

darrengragg
Level 1
Level 1

Have a 2811 voice bundle that I'm trying to extract the CME Basic 4.3.0.0 onto. It gets to the first phone load and basically stops. We have upgraded the Flash to 128mb . Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct. Do not format in PC what so ever.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Take the CF card (formatted in the router) and then use a CF card reader if you may have (easy to buy from Frys, Best buy or any electronic store). Use your PC to extract all files into it and then put the card back in the router.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

When I plug it in, it wants to format. What file system do I use?

Do not format it on the computer. You wont be able to reuse it on the router. If you want to format it clean, please do so inside the router first using the format command.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

So when I plug it in, and try to open it using windows explorer, it asks to format, I should do the format on the router first?

That is correct. Do not format in PC what so ever.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Were you able to copy the files ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

I have tried my old 64mb flash and my new 128mb flash and they both will not format. Something about a filesystem prefix already exists. I have upgraded the ROMMON to the latest. I can squeeze the cards, but not format them. Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: