cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2911 CME E1 PRI over G703 BNC 75 ohm unbalanced coax in El Salvador

c3max
Level 4
Level 4

I am going to be deploying my first CME in El Salvador and the local provider is Claro.  Their proposal includes that they will deliver an E1 PRI via CCITT G703 BNC 75 ohm unbalanced coax.  Since this is a PRI not unstructured data, can I just use a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card in my 2911 or do I need to use a G703 specific card?  Also will a CAB-E1-RJ45BNC be all I need to convert from BNC to RJ-48c?

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

the  VWIC2-2MFT1/E1 card which u  have would not support full unframed 2 Mbps.You need to have card with G.703 functionality.If u have the G.703 card , u can try whether you are getting the command pri-group timeslots 1-31 under controller E1 or not.

since u want to have PRI connected on VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 , u need to ask the Telco to provide framed E1 with Voice functionality.

The CAB-E1-RJ45BNC would be just a cable .You need to have BALUN convertor to convert balanced to unbalanced or vice -versa.

regds,

aman

I recognize that the G703 cards are required for unframed service, but isn't a PRI by definition a framed circuit?

My main reason for asking is because I have the non-G703 card, and I want to avoid having to buy the G703 card if I can.

Thank you for the info about the balun, that is exactly the info that I needed.

-C

Hi,

In unframed circuit, u get full 2Mbps while in framed circuit like PRI for Voice, u get only 30 channels.

If u have a non-G.703 card as menioned in first post, u can ask Telco to provide E1 voice.

regds,

aman