Views
Helpful
Replies

2921 ISR VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 issue

Andrea Morici
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we recently installed a 2921 with two VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1cards on slot 0 and 1.

... so far so good.

Yesterday we added a couple more VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 in slot 2 and 3 and the 2921 didn't seem to recognize them.

Plugging those same boards into the first two slots brought the ISR to corretly see them.

... is there any limitation or bug preventing the 2921 from seeing this kind of device when plugged into a slot other than 1st or 2nd ?

Thanks a lot !

- Andrea Morici

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Can't you see the newly added boards with sh inv or is it that you don't see the controllers (T1 or E1) in running config? If it's the later you need to define the type of port you want to have with the card type command.

Please rate useful posts.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

In the show diag there are tree cards listed.

WIC Slot 0:

VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 - 2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1

WIC Slot 1:

WIC Slot 2:

From your original post it sounded like you had two excisting cards and wanted to add two more. How many cards did you have inserted into the box when you did the sh diag?

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Andrea Morici
Level 1
Level 1

... I forgot to mention IOS version should be 15.2(2)T1, if I remember it correlty.

Can't you see the newly added boards with sh inv or is it that you don't see the controllers (T1 or E1) in running config? If it's the later you need to define the type of port you want to have with the card type command.

Response Signature

Hi Andrea, please send us the output of "sh diag" and " sh ver"

Also, I am assuming you are shutting down the router to insert these as these are not hot swappable.

Not that this would cause this issue, but with additional cards did you get additional PVDMs or did you already have enough? The "show" commands will revel that.

HTH,

Chris

Andrea Morici
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

thanks a lot for your kind replies, really appreciated

... to be honest, I didn't do many checks since one of my colleagues was dealing with this issue while I was doing something else ...

Anyway she reported the card was not showing into the 'show run' but I'm almost sure she issues the command to define the card type ... if not, this would be our bad !

To reply to Chris's concern: no worries, we powered off the box before plugging in the new cards.

I'll attach for you now the 'show diag' and I'll double check later with my colleague for the card type command part; should this be not enough to understand what's going on, I'll ask someone on site to get also some more information ('show ver').

Thanks again and take care

See ya !

- Andrea

In the show diag there are tree cards listed.

WIC Slot 0:

WIC Slot 1:

WIC Slot 2:

From your original post it sounded like you had two excisting cards and wanted to add two more. How many cards did you have inserted into the box when you did the sh diag?

Response Signature

... Roger, it's shamefully our fault !!!

... it's well evident all the installed cards are correctly listed.

Next time I'll be sure to double check things myself instead of relying on someone else ...

My sincere apologies for wasting your time on such a 'stupid' non existent issue

... as usual, you're the most valuable source for help !!!

Thanks a lot again !

- Andrea

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: