Views
Helpful
Replies

2921 SIP connection with providers

gabiulici
Level 1
Level 1

Hii,

I have cucm10.5 and 2X 2921 routers and I want to now which is the best way to make a SIP Trunk with my providers in order to not use E1 lines anymore. It's more easy to make the SIP from Cucm/providers or directly from router/providers ???

Any ideas or proper step, thanks a lot for help:)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you would need CUBE licenses.

You will need to change your protocol from MGCP to SIP. Configure SIP Trunks pointing to CUBE which will then have dial-peers for the calls coming to/from the service provider.

You will need to have WAN link to your provider (either your existing MPLS connection if your SIP provider is same or another WAN link if not the case)

-Terry

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM - CUBE -ISP is the best method as CUBE is far better and provides more capabilities than CUCM for SIP trunks.

As for instructions, there are plenty of posts with examples of SIP trunks as well as some guides on CCO, have you reviewed any of them??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey Jaime,

Do you have any link/documentation. For what I know the CUBE is installed on Voip Router or I am wrong? 

CUBE is just a software application running on standard Cisco routers but is licensed. Please check the following;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12415291/cube-license

Sorry for stupid question. I don't now from where to start the SIP wit providers, do I need any license.

Can I config a Sip Trunk on call manager and works fine or I have to config on call manager and then on Voice router? How can I connect the provider  to my layout ( via Ethernet to Router or via E1 lines).

My layout in this moment is 1 Pub and 1 Sub and 2x 2921 with 10 E1 lines. The router is connected to call manger with MGCP protocol.

Yes you would need CUBE licenses.

You will need to change your protocol from MGCP to SIP. Configure SIP Trunks pointing to CUBE which will then have dial-peers for the calls coming to/from the service provider.

You will need to have WAN link to your provider (either your existing MPLS connection if your SIP provider is same or another WAN link if not the case)

-Terry

1. I need licence for Cube on voice router

2. To create the dial peer on the router

3. To create connection between calla manger and cube and the proper route pattern

4. Connect the provider to Gigabyte to my router port and config the ip,route etc

Those are the steps in order to finis the SIP or I am wrong?

I thought that I can create the SIP directali from Call Manger and not to activate the Cube on  the voice router because  I finis a SIP conection betwen the 2 Call mangers of course in the same W

Yes on a high level its good.

Please see for step1 you will need a CUBE license and you will need to enable/configure CUBE. Normally your Service Provider will provide you with the compatible configuration. Also refer to the docs below for example config:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/99863-cube-config.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117300-configure-cube-00.html

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hey Terry,

Do you have any information about the virtual machine settings because I don't find nothing in the documentation. I am asking because for cucm8.6 to cucm10.5  I have to change LAN settings, space from 80 to 120 and the quest OS to Linux 6.

Any ideas about those information's?

hey,

Can I use in the Same time the SIP Trunk and the E 1 lines on the same router or is not possible?

Pls share if you have any documentation.

Thanks a lot for support 

Yes you can have PSTN connectivity both via SIP and E1 on the same router. You can add the same router as h323 gateway in CUCM for E1 PSTN connectivity and SIP Trunk for SIP connectivity.

Depending on your requirements you can have route patterns directing the calls according to the requirements, in some cases you may need some digit manipulation but its feasible. 

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hey Jaime,

Can you check if I already have the licence for the CUBE?

License Type Supported
        permanent               Non-expiring node locked license
        extension               Expiring node locked license
        evaluation              Expiring non node locked license
        evalRightToUse          Right to use evaluation non node locked license
        rightToUse              Right to use non node locked license
        paid subscription       Expiring node locked subscription license
                                with valid end date
        extension subscription  Expiring node locked subscription license
        evaluation subscription Expiring node locked subscription license

License Operation Supported
        install    Install license
        clear      Clear license
        annotate   Comment license
        save       Save license
        revoke     Revoke license
        call-home  License call-home

Call-home Operation Supported
        show pak   Display license pak via call-home
        install    Install license via call-home
        revoke     Revoke license via call-home
        resend     Fetch license via call-home

Device status
        Device Credential type: DEVICE
        Device Credential Verification: PASS
        Rehost Type: HARDWARE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: