cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3825, 3750, 9951... My experiment

Tac73
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  here's my setup (1) 3825, (1) 3725v2 and (3) CP-9951. With help of information found from this community and other sources I have the phones configured with the router and passing data connection through the data port. I'm able to call from phone to phone and local directory is working. I'd like to move on to configuring the NME-CUE in the router but this is proving a little more difficult. I've attached my boot logs and startup configs.

Is there anything else that I'm missing on setting this up?  

Plus any direction on getting voicemail / auto-attendant / etc. with the NME-CUE would be appreciated!

1 Reply 1

Sam Smiley
Level 3
Level 3

My first recommendation for you is to move all of your SVIs to the switch; you currently have multiple trunk interfaces between the router and switch. While this may be functional it isn't the best use of resources and certainly isn't the route to the fastest access. The first link I will give you details how to build your L3 switch for interVLAN routing. This will greatly simplify your router config and provide for faster access between VLANs.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/inter-vlan-routing/41260-189.html

What you will notice in the above document is that there is a single routed interface that connects the router to the switch. The SVI interfaces are in the switch configuration; in this scenario DHCP would also be handled by the switch.

The second document I will leave you with is attached, this is a detailed configuration of CUE. This document does configure DHCP on the router; as noted above I would install this on the switch.

Regards,

Sam