Views
Helpful
Replies

3825 Router does not re-register with CM cluster after SRST

crescentwire
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Ran into a strange issue this past weekend while testing SRST at a remote office. We forced SRST using access-lists on our WAN-facing router, and it worked beautifully -- all the IP phones went down, registered to our 3825 voice gateway, and we proceeded to test. However, when we were finished, and removed the access-list, we saw some strange behavior. The IP phones nearly immediately re-registered with the CM cluster at our HQ site, but the voice gateway did not -- it refused to register, and a sh ccm-manager displayed "Down" status for each CM server. We ended up hard-restarting the voice gateway as our outage window was quickly closing -- and this resolved it.

I hate taking the heavy-handed approach in situations like this, because we don't know what caused it. TAC, of course, is recommending an IOS upgrade, but I've not been able to locate a bug ID for the behavior, and I'm not 100% sure an IOS upgrade will fix it.

Is there anyone on here that has run into similar behavior? If not, what suggestions might you have for us to troubleshoot this? My worry is that if SRST is really engaged due to a WAN outage, we won't be able to bring the site back up fully without another heavy-handed approach like this...

Anyway, please let me know what you think. Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl78850

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpfull posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl78850

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpfull posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Man, THANK YOU! I don't know why i couldn't find this. But thank you, seriously. I really appreciate it!