Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3905 and CME 9.1

Hi!

I need some help with 3905 SIP phones and CME 9.1 (2911 Router):

* I read that conference in this phone is supported, but I can't find how to set the conference up. There isn't a dedicated key for conferencing and when I'm in a call there is no options available in the menu.

* For some reason, the phone loses registration with the CME and the only way to get it back is unplugging and plugging it back in to the switch.

Even if I restart the Router, the phone still shows its label and if I off-hook it, strangely gives a dial tone. When the Router is back the phone don't try to register again until it's restarted. ¿Isn't there a keep alive for registration with the CME?

Thanks for your help!
Best regards.

P.S. 3905 firmware v9.4.1

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Victor,

Can you try the couple of suggestions from the following thread, it includes both the phone locking up as well as conference issue

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2220233

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

I had read that post before, but the "phone locking" wasn't resolved. I've read there is a similar issue with traditional CUCM, where the 3905 phone doesn't realize that the CUCM are gone and therefore doesn't switch to SRST mode until it's restarted. I didn't find a workaround either.

And the issue with the conference is more simple: I just don't know how to start a conference in the 3905.

Any help? Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: