Views
Helpful
Replies

3905 Dialing Delay

papkee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I've got several different models of phone running in SIP mode on my network. I'm trying to get a new 3905 up and playing nice. Everything seems to be working except for a dialing delay when making calls. I can tell the phone is at least partly using the diaplan file, because it rejects any number formats not in the plan. However, when valid number sequences are entered, there's a ten second delay before the phone actually dials out. Then once the call is in progress everything works normally again.

This is the first CP series phone I'm using so things might be slightly different with the configs. The dialplan I'm using is:

<DIALTEMPLATE>
  <TEMPLATE MATCH="0.." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE MATCH="1.." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE MATCH="*.." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE MATCH="7..." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE MATCH="91.........." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE MATCH="9.........." TIMEOUT="1"/>
</DIALTEMPLATE>

And this has been working fine on all the other phones on the network (mostly 7942's and 7960's). The 3905 seems to have an additional delay added on top of the dialplan timeouts.

Help would be appreciated. I don't really know where to start troubleshooting so if you have any ideas that would be great as well. Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Am I correct in assuming that the post-dial delay is when a user dials 9+10-digits? If so, I think your problem might be the last pair of templates:

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9.........." TIMEOUT="1"/>

I suggest changing the last one:

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9[2-9]........." TIMEOUT="1"/>

Maren

It actually occurs with all valid dialed numbers. The same delay is present for any number that matches the dialplan. Interestingly, if a number doesn't match the dialplan (if I start by dialing a 2 for instance) it immediately goes to the disconnected tone.

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't appear to be the problem.

The 3905 series work differently than other phones (at least a bit). I'm wondering if they require the "User=Phone" part on the DIALTEMPLATE entries? That is a spit-in-the-wind guess.

If not, I'm all out....

Maren

I'm assuming you meant like the below:

<DIALTEMPLATE>
  <TEMPLATE USER="PHONE" MATCH="0.." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE USER="PHONE" MATCH="1.." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE USER="PHONE" MATCH="*.." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE USER="PHONE" MATCH="7..." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE USER="PHONE" MATCH="91.........." TIMEOUT="1"/>
  <TEMPLATE USER="PHONE" MATCH="9.........." TIMEOUT="1"/>
</DIALTEMPLATE>

This doesn't appear to make a difference. Behavior is the same as before. I still think it's probably either something in the phone's XML config file or the dialplan but there's very limited resources on using this line of phones outside of a CUCM environment (maybe for good reason). However, others have said that they work with no issues so there's something going on here.

papkee
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any more ideas? I'm convinced it's something in the config XML as the phone just sits there with absolutely zero network activity until the ten seconds are up and it dials.

I really don't. Unless someone has a brilliant idea, it might be time to call TAC.

If they come up with a solution, please do post it and educate us all!

Maren

change 'TIMEOUT' to 'Timeout'

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco 3905 SIP based  phone so in SIP phone dialling digit sent to call manager in  enblock  formate which means sent all digit to CM after dialling full string while on SCCP dialling digit sent to CM in digit by digit formate, to avoid this delay  Stop enter digit timeout by pressing # after the dialling pattern.

this is by default 15 second timer to check if user entering anymore digit you can stop it by pressing #.

Hi Papkee!

I faced the same problem, did you manage to find a solution?

I saw your message also on the FreePBX community forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: