Views
Helpful
Replies

3905 Issue Making a call

j.leroux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.  I have a CME 9.1 with 3905 (SIP) phones registering to it as well as 6941's (SCCP).  My 6941 phones can call each other, the 6941's can also call the 3905, BUT, the 3905 can't call anything.   As soon as I dial any number on the 3905, it looks like it gets matched instantly on the CME, but you can still key in the remainder of the number, but nothing happens.  So let’s say I try to call 2001, as soon as I press 2, dial tone stop, "2" disappear from the phone and the number gets passed to CME, if I press the 0, nothing gets send to CME but 0 is displayed on the phone's screen.  The same goes for the remaining 0 and 1.  At the end I end up with 001 being displayed on the phone for a while, and then it just disappears and the phone is back on-hook.  Nothing else gets passed on to CME.

Any advice...?

5 Replies 5

berbekuub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you please send over the "sh run" from the router, alsong with debug ccsip messages.

I have a network with 3905 phones and CUCME 9.1 and am currently facing this same challenge with the 3905.

Sh run configs and debug ccsip messages are included here. Will appreciate any help.

Hi,

I think the call is failing because the 3905 phone advertises g729annexB codec. could you please try configuring 'voice-class codec' or 'codec G711a/G711u' command under voice register pools 1-4 and check the behavior?

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Thanks Suresh. Changed codec to  g711u. Calls are going through now. I appreciate the timely response.

Hello, Good to know it works now :)

could you please mark the other post you created as Answered and rate the useful posts?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12185496/cisco-ip-phone-3905-not-making-calls

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: