cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3905 needs to be rebooted after call drop.

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I hate these little phones with a passion but someone approved purchasing 75 of these guys and were stuck supporting them.  There at one site that run CME version 9.1.. the phones are running firmware...9-2-2ES1... this firmware fixes the timezone issues if anyone is interested.

Were having issues where if a call drops the phone does not work correctly after the drop.  The user still has dial tone on the 3905 but when they dial a number all they get is silence.  The phone then has to be rebooted to work again.  I've had three TAC cases open on this and Cisco can't seem to catch whats going on.. it's hard to catch with 75 of these making and recieving calls.  A phone had the issue yesterday and I see a disconnect coming from the PSTN towards the 3905 in the q931 debugs.  Nothing in the SIP debugs say anything helpfull according to TAC.

I'm not looking for a fix here unless you've seen this before.. anyone?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

For anyone interested or has this issue it turns out to be bug CSCud02155.  The fix is firmware 9-2-2T14 which we got from TAC as a test image.  I've had fifteen phones running on the new firmware for almost two weeks with no failures.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

For anyone interested or has this issue it turns out to be bug CSCud02155.  The fix is firmware 9-2-2T14 which we got from TAC as a test image.  I've had fifteen phones running on the new firmware for almost two weeks with no failures.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for this kind follow-up (+5)

Cheers!

Rob

"Celebration it's around us, every nations, all around us.
Singin' forever young, singin' songs underneath that sun" - K'naan

Great Mike (+5)

Im using this IP Phones with the same firmware 3905.9-2-2ES1 with CUCM 8.6.2-20000.2

This only happens with CME?

I hope that i not face this issue but if happens i now what to do.

Thanks for share the results!

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Leonardo,

The TAC engineer said it affects 3905 phones on CME and CUCM.  She also sent me the engineering special version of the firmware.  The firmware is 3905.9-2-2ES2.

Good Luck!

Mike

hello Mike

can you send me the firmware

3905.9-2-2ES2

thanks very much

Hello All,

Can anyone send me this firmware please?

guliyev.bahlul@gmail.com

regards

Bahlul

Hi guys!

Could you, please, send me (dsoloviov@gmail.com) that great firmware for 3905 (3905.9-2-2ES2 or 3905.9-2-2T14)?

hello Mike

can you send me the firmware

3905.9-2-2ES2 or

9-2-2T14

eljoselol@gmail.com

thanks very much

Hello Mike

can you send me also  the firmware

3905.9-2-2ES2 or

9-2-2T14

my email is yaniv.malachi@gmail.com

Thanks In Advance

Yaniv

Mike,

Can you please send me the firmwares 3905.9-2-2ES2 or 3905.9-2-2T14

I Didnt find at the Cisco Download website.

My email is georgealmeida@gmail.com

Thank you very much!!

Deval Tetar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike

I am facing exactly same issue.

Can you please send me the firmwares 3905.9-2-2ES2 or 3905.9-2-2T14

I am not able to find same at the Cisco Download website.

My email is devaltetar11@gmail.com

Thank you very much!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: