cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3905 phone "partialy registered"

dgonzalez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a Cisco 3905 phone that is shown "partialy registered" in CUCM.

I has only one line configured (#8175). Phone Button Tamplate is Standard 3905 SIP, which as only one line.

If disassociate the line from the phone the config shows no line configured, the phone registers properly, but if I browse phone ip address it shows directory number 8232. Where doest it take this number from?

If I associate line 8175 again, the phone shows line 8175 but it is seen in CUCM as partially reigstered again.

Any clue?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Partially registered means that not all lines on a SIP phone have registered.  If you have added a line to the configuration of the phone in call manager and the phone isn't accepting it's configuration file (ITL update failed in the status messages on the phone) the phone will only be registering some of the lines that are configured in call manager leading to that status.

check below step:

1: is phone greeting correct tftp server up address?

2: Delete  ITL file from that affected phones.

3: Assign correct phone button template which have only 1 line 

4: DN should be configured on line 1 in SIP Phone 

Or

This can be corrected by updating the phone button template, but you may also have to change the line mode from session to enhanced. Enhanced allows for use of addition phone buttons. In my case, an 8841 set as a 5DN template with 5 DNs. Ran into the issue when adding a 6th DN. I changed the template to an 8 button with 2 SDs but phone showed partially registered. I changed line mode to enhanced, all six DNs showed on the phone and the issue was corrected.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Hi Sadav. Phone has only one dn configured in line 1 and phone button template as also only one line.

I don´t see any ITL file error in Status Messajes and tftp server address are correct (equal than other phones).

The strange thing is that when I remove the line, the phone still finds it has another line configured (#8232).

It is like it had this other line somewere, so when a line is configured it thinks it has two lines and that's way it is 'partially registered'. When I remove the line it thinks it has only one line (#8232) and in this way it registers properly but showing line 8232 in its display. I don't know where it is taking this config from. The phone was already factory reset.

Thanks,

Diego.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: