Views
Helpful
Replies

3G internet in iphone connect with CUCM 6

mukeshrulaniya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have 3G internet in Iphone and i want to connect my iphone to CUCM 6 with third-party sip devices. I have not Gateway. I am using Site-to-site VPN. so iphone can ping CUCM but its not registered in CUCM.Can some one tell me how it will work or i need pstn gateway or any configuration. Because when i connect my iphone with wireless internet then its registered and working fine.

thanks

Mukesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you using VPN connection when on the 3G network to communicate back to CUCM?

Unless you put your CUCM on DMZ or make it publically routable you need to use VPN from iPhone to access it.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you running some kind of SIP client on your iPhone that you would like to utilize as SIP phone registered?

My recommandation would be to upgrade your CUCM and deploy Jabber to your iPhone for best results as anything else would not be supported even if you get it to work.

HTH,

Chris

Hello Chris,

First thanks for reply and your suggestion.

Yes i am using SIP (X-lite) softphone in Iphone and its working well when i have wireless connection but its not working with 3G internet from SIM card.

thanks

Are you using VPN connection when on the 3G network to communicate back to CUCM?

Unless you put your CUCM on DMZ or make it publically routable you need to use VPN from iPhone to access it.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes i am using VPN and thanks for support now i solved the problem.

thanks

Hi Chris,

Good morning,

you mean, we need to add a subscriber with CUCM additionally on DMZ..?

thanks..!!!

Have a Good Day....!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: