Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd Party Billing System integrated with Cisco Call Manager 8.5

lalqatta982011
Level 1
Level 1

Dera All,

My customer having Cisco Unified Comm Manager 8.5 and he is welling to purchase a 3rd party billing system integrated with Cisco. his main concern is: he need to define a limit per user in the costs of the calls and once the user exceed the limit he cant issue a call.

could you please advice us which Software can do this?

Thanks and Regards,

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, there is no such application as the call accounting apps are read only and pull info from CUCM via SFTP/FTP.  You can define cost within those applications, but they will never instruct CUCM to reject the call.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

You can have a look into solution from CommSouth in which PhoneManager is deployed and SIP trunk is configured between CUCM /Phone Manager.

You can reach them on : www.commsouth.in and Email: info@commsouth.com

regds,

aman

jking2685
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry as Chris has pointed out call logging / accounting software can only provide reports, what you are describing is more like a AAA service where you can block calls.

You can find certified reporting software here:

Call Logging (Cisco Certified only)

http://developer.cisco.com/web/partner/search?text=call logging&technologyIds=a0G40000000xlnlEAA&subTechnologyIds=a0K40000000eHsEEAU&technologyProductIds=a0I40000000ycykEAA&partnerProductFamilies=Call Accounting and Billing&certified=Yes&onCiscoPriceList=All&portfolioPartner=All

Call Accounting (Cisco Certified only)

http://developer.cisco.com/web/partner/search?text=call accounting&technologyIds=a0G40000000xlnlEAA&subTechnologyIds=a0K40000000eHsEEAU&technologyProductIds=a0I40000000ycykEAA&partnerProductFamilies=Call Accounting and Billing&certified=Yes&onCiscoPr...

We have an option within our call logging software where you can create call alarms based on the CDR's, e.g. cost of call, number of phone lines used reaches a set limit then trigger an alert.

You could use our unlimited display boards to show call information.

Our TIM Plus and TIM Enterprise products have AXL integration so they auto configure the directory based on your UCM configuration, saving you lots of administration time.

Both are Cisco IVT tested so you can be sure that it is compatible, to arrange a free trial go to our Cisco microsite

www.tri-line.com/cisco

Overview video:

Dear Jamie,

you meen, by using TIM Plus or TIM Professional I can prevent the user from the calls once he exceed the cost/duration limit.

Regards,

You may also consider having a look at CALLTRAK for your Call accounting needs.

Please visit www.calltrak.com.au

CALLTRAK provides call accounting, allocation of additional billing information, call center analysis, line utilisation and many more functions.

Competitive pricing and reliable.

I hope this helps.

Theodore

Does CALLTRACK provide ability to reject calls after call limit is reached as was the poster's request?  I would be surprised if there is such an application as I dont think CUCM has an API to allow this to happen.

HTH,

Chris

davazquezcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

Hi,

We have solutions for your requirement and we have done such implementation earlier. You can contact me at prasana@commsouth.com. You can also review our site www.commsouth.com

regards,

Prasana

Regards, Prasana Kumar.P +919841027006