Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party SIP phones in CUCM 7.1

Mauro Barbosa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We have a lot of SCCP Cisco Phones that are working ok, but I need to add some 3rd party SIP Phones.

The registration is ok! But I can't find the wat to do Call-Transfer and Call Pickup!

I couldn't to find any information in CISCO forum, nor www.cisco.com, nor Help pages.

Is it possible? I need some help!

Thanks! This is my first post in the Forum!

Happy new year!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That screenshot does nothing for me. Post the CAP file so I can read the actual SIP messages. Make sure the capture includes an entire call from dial to hang-up.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The most common mistake is not configuring a Rerouting CSS on the device configuration within CUCM. CUCM imposes the Rerouting CSS on both the REFER and REPLACES headers.

If that does not solve it, a packet capture showing the SIP dialog between the endpoint and CUCM would be helpful.

Hi! Thanks for your reply!

Sorry! My English is poor!

[EDIT] I have found Rerouting CSS, I had already configured that option. That is not my problem. [EDIT]

I have worked a lot with SCCP and I don't have any idea how to configure Call-Pickup adn Call Transfer for 3rd party SIP phones.I don't know if that is possible!

Is there some tutorial that shows how to use these features in 3rd party SIP phones? or may you give me some more help?

Thanks!

I cannot find documentation suggesting that Call Pickup will work. While RFC3891 suggests it is possible using the Replaces header, I cannot speak to how CUCM would handle this; I expect not well since the phone would have no way of relaying the pickup group in that header.

Transfer should work though. What is the end point you are using? Cisco is allowing a third-party to provide some limited certification: http://www.tekvizionlabs.com/3rdpartyprograms/sip_verification/

Again, a packet capture showing the SIP dialog would be helpful here.

Hi.

I'm trying 2 endpoints:

1 - Polycom Soundpoint IP 320 SIP

2 - IP Video Phone VP-2009

I did a capture and the SIP dialog seems ok

It happens each 30 seconds.

That screenshot does nothing for me. Post the CAP file so I can read the actual SIP messages. Make sure the capture includes an entire call from dial to hang-up.

Hi!

Thiscapture includes an entire call from dial to hang-up.

Good news! The Yealik phone has a button of Call-Transfer and it works! My problem now is that the Polycom doesn't have any call-transfer button.

Hi!

Call-Transfer is workin ok in both phones! It was my mistake! I didn't see a soft-button in the Polycom!

Thanks a lot for your time!

Now, I have to find the way to do Call Pickup Group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: