Views
Helpful
Replies

403 Forbidden on ITSP outbound call

Paul Cobley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is a new install of CUCM9.1 with SIP trunks on a CUBE (Version 15.2(4)M2). The CUBE is behind an ASA and a PIX. The ASA is the corporate perimeter and the PIX is the client site.

Outbound I get a 403 forbidden then fast busy. We are sending the call setup to the ITSP fine.

Inbound the call rings my extension but when I answer the PSTN still hears ringing, I hear dead air - so I think the response to the invite is not being sent to the ITSP.

I have my concerns that this is down to the ASA/PIX config but would appreciate a sanity check.

I've attached a "debug ccapi mess" & "debug voice ccapi inout"

thanks

PC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paul,

Looking at the debug..the cause code is "Cause Value=57" This refers to a bearer capabilities issue. From your INVITE you are not offering any media capabilites to the ITSP..

I suggest you enable early offer on either the globall level or on your dial-peers facing ITSP

voice service voip

sip

early-offer forced

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paul,

Looking at the debug..the cause code is "Cause Value=57" This refers to a bearer capabilities issue. From your INVITE you are not offering any media capabilites to the ITSP..

I suggest you enable early offer on either the globall level or on your dial-peers facing ITSP

voice service voip

sip

early-offer forced

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

As always with SIP, you hit the nail on the head.

The issue was resolved by adding the "early-offer forced" but also by the customers security team sorting out a double NAT - the ITSP trunk negotiates an ASA and then a PIX so there were some fixup & inspect issues involved also.

Thanks for taking the time to assist

Glad to help and thanks for rating and compliments

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: