Views
Helpful
Replies

4321 isr BRI

glen.cobby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having an issue with a site I am trying to cutover using a Cisco 4321 ISR, with the NIM-2BRI-NT/TE. I can get the call in and it connects fine however I get no audio in either direction.

The circuits work fine when connected to the existing PABX. I currently have a BRI crossover between the two ports to simulate a call and I still get the same issue.

Has anyone managed to get ISDN BRIs working with a Cisco 4321 ISR, if so would you be able to share the config and version that you are running. I have a TAC case open but am getting no where with it.

Thanks

Glen

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi There,

Could you please answer the following?

1. What IOS-XE version are you running? There is a bug (CSCuu68017) on certain versions of IOS-XE for the NIM-2BRI-NT/TE card which can cause static or no audio.

2. Do you have any zone based firewall configuration on your router? If so, make sure that the Service-Engine interface which corresponds to your NIM is a member of the correct zone.

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Are you used the same codec as presented on the BRI - otherwise have you got DSP resource to be able to transcode the call?

Jasperliang
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Glen
I have 10 sites with same router and module without any problem. But one of the site just stop working after one week of the migration. Same situation as you are no audio both way and TAC cannot find any thing wrong with the configure. Could you share yours? I may be able to help you through.

Hi,

We finally got to the cause of the issue. We ended up replacing the NIM BRI module and after the replacement of the module the calls started working fine with two way audio!

There was no indication that the hardware was faulty.

Thanks

Glen

Hello,

Can you please share you bri config ? I am facing the same issue and no way with tac.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: