Helpful
Replies

6921 issue with Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Trigger

alberto-vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

Due to a migration of CUCM 7.5 to CUCM 8.6.2

About 2,800 6921 IP phones were using firmware 9.1.1.

• To avoid a massive upgrade to firmware version 9.2.1 that comes with CUCM 8.6.2, it was installed firmware version 9.1.1 on the TFTP and this phone load was configured as default in Device Defaults section for 6921 models.
  • After the migration, we proceed to update gradually the 6921 ip phones to version 9.2.1
  • It was found that the parameters of Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Trigger can not be changed even though the phones already have the firmware version 9.2.1.

Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Triggers per Line are:

Maximum Number of Calls    2

Busy Trigger    1

• It was installed a higher version, the 9.3.1.3 in the TFTP and then chose some 6921 IP phones to be upgraded to this new one firmware. The parameters of Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Trigger are still unable to be changed.

The TFTP service has already restarted, without any change.

Any suggestion to this issue ?

Is it a bug in CUCM?

I will appreciate your help

Alberto

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you applied Service Update 2 ?

Hi Paolo

The answer in no, but could be a possibility if I could not found another solution.

I going to try resetting the tomcat.

thanks for your response

This problem was orignally there in 8.5 series but was fixed in 8.6 and onwards.

Are you using Sccp firmware or SIP firmware ?

you should try installing the latest devicepack for cucm 8.6.2

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: