Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6921 Phones register ONLY to Publisher

Hi guys,

I am deploying about 1500 6921 phones and 200 7962 phones.

All of the 7962 phones follow registration based on the device pool, which is Sub 02, Sub 01 then Publisher.

The 7962's register without a problem.

The 6921's are ONLY going to the publisher and will not go to any subsribers. Device pools, network settings, etc... are identical. This happens even if the phones are in the same VLAN and location.

Running CUCM 8.6 and the 6921's are running the latest version of FW, which I belive is 9.3...something.

Any ideas?         

13 Replies 13

cmaiolani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

DB replications to sub are ok? can you check with rtmt?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Verified DB replication with quick audit, everything is okay.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are your CUCM servers defined with hostname or IP addresses?

Chris

The servers are configured with hostnames, DNS is okay everywhere.

When looking through the config on the 6921, it says primary server is CUCMPUB and that the standby is CUCMSUB01 but it won't join it.

Change it to IP as that is best practice as stated in SRND, that should fix your problem.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris. I will make the change after hours.

What's involved exactly? Change the names under SERVERS to IP Addresses and restart the CUCM services on all nodes?

Thanks!

Simply change the hostnames to IPs in the config, no need to restart anything except for rebooting the phones.

Chris

Changed all the servers to IP addresses in the configuration, restarted all the phones.

All the 7962's went to their correct subscriber, ALL of the 6921's went straight to the publisher....

DB Audit comes back good:

Getting content from PUB

Comparing content in SUBs

checking: cucmsub01

--> OK

checking: cucmsub02

--> OK

No Mismatches were found

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you pull one XML files of both the working and non-working phones and post?

Tapan

This has been resolved -

This is a bug in 69XX firmware 9-3-3-2

Downgrading to the previous release fixes the isssue.

Can you share the bug id?

Chris

I'm not sure if there is one.. I downgraded them and everything worked great afterwares.

Can Cisco pitch in on this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: