cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6945 phones get no ringback

pcampensa
Level 1
Level 1

we have CM 9.1.1A and 6945 phones. once in a while the customer complains that when they pick up phone and dial, they hear dial tone, then silence until someone picks up call - no ringback.  this happens on all calls, extension to extension, etc.

sometimes, a phone will do this continuously until we rest power to phone, then it is ok.  other times the phone just begins working ok on its own.

any ideas as to what could be the cause?  already upgraded phone to latest firmare ES2, still no go.

phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have the same problem our phones are on ES2 and still having this problem. It is intermittent but very annoying.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

I have the same problem our phones are on ES2 and still having this problem. It is intermittent but very annoying.

Dears,

I have the same issue on 6945 phones callers cant hear a ringback tone.I have uploaded the latest firmware SCCP6945.9-4-1-3  but the fix is in SCCP6945.9-4-1-r3936 which is not available on cisco website

How i can get it

Thanks

Here is the file it let me upload it.  

Do you  have the original cop.sgn file?

No. This is all I have. This was sent to me by the tech I was working with at Cisco.

Dear Bradley,

How i can upload these files in CUCM 9.1.2

Thanks

Go to OS Administration and TFTP file management and upload all 5 files to the root and then change your firmware loads in device defaults or on the individual phones to reflect the new load id

thanks for the files and instructions bradley,mloraditch.

acolmagro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to update this problem because I have the same. Is ther some one solved it ?

Thanks

I worked with cisco and they sent me an update for the phones. I am not sure if it was released yet or not. My phones now have SCCP6945.9-4-1-r3936.

Hi, thank's for your answer.

Is it possible to you to send me this firmware by email ?

pbardaji@axians.com

Best reagrds

Pierre

Bradley,

I know this was months ago but do you have a bug id? or alternatively is this firmware newer than 9-4-1-3 that is on CCO?

Thanks!

Not sure it is newer but I know that it fixed my problem but when I was working on another phone and I had 9-4-1-3 it started having the problem again.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

I'd take a look at a packet capture as well as console logs and open a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: