cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6945's only displaying calling name for caller-ID

Brian Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

User's with 6945's are telling me that only the calling name portion of the caller-ID is showing on the phone's screen.  Is this because of a limitation of the phone's display because it has a fairly small screen?  Or is there a way for me to allow it to show both the calling name and calling number on the display simultaneously?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I recall that being because of what you mention, the screen size, not enough room to show all the info.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Brian,

I can give you a suggestion. You can add the DN number to the Name field, this way will be display both.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

This issue is related to calls incoming from the PSTN, not internal calling.  Both calling name and calling number are sent to the phone, but only the calling name is displayed.

Ok, now you're talking clear . That's beacause the first field displayed by the phone is the Name field and the Number field is not displayed beacuse it doesn't fit on the display.

Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Makes me wonder why Cisco would release a phone that can't do basic functions such as display calling name and number at the same time.  I guess I have been spoiled the by my experiences with the 79xx series phones which did everything that was expected from a business phone.  Any chance this could change in a future firmware release?

I doubt it, it's a physical limitation.

johnhsnow
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Brian, did you make any headway with this?

Is there anyone from Cisco that can confirm if there is firmware available or locale or something to change this behaviour?

It appears the screen would have enough space to provide two lines, with name and number on each side of the screen by font change maybe?

regards,

John

John,

The behavior is still the same.  For now, I would advise against purchasing 6921 and 6945 phone models unless a customer absolutely cannot afford a better phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: