Views
Helpful
Replies

6961/6921 - is it possible to show the extension on the screen instead of mask

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Is it possible to have the extension display on the screen of a 6921 or 6961 instead of the external mask?

i know i can change the mask on the phone to show the extension instead of the callerid.

on the 7911's there is a service parameter that lets you show the extension on the phone instead of the mask.

is there somethign similiar for the 6900 phones?

I'd like to leave the external mask alone on the phone and be able to display the extension instead.

this is call manager 8.5

thanks

2 Replies 2

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

Did you ever get this resolved?

Hi,

The issue here is the limited display, and configuring the handset to suit your requirements. In this case if you leave the External Mask blank, then by default the DN of line will appear at the top right of the display. The limitation here is whether you require external CLI based on the External Mask on certain DDIs or the main number? If you require different CLIs then you will need to look at Calling Party Transformation Patterns applied to your outgoing gateway transformation Css.

Please refer to following link for further information around Transformation Patterns:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/b03trpat.html

Regards
Allan.

Please rate helpful post Thank you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App